FvF Mixtape #33 by X
X who compiled this weeks mixtape for us is the man behind the project “TIME KILLS”.
It was founded in 2011 and serves as a platform for all sorts of personal feelings, experiences and anecdotes ranging from pornographic playing cards to thoughts about Joseph Beuys and dead pigeons.
So if you are in town, you should definitely catch one of his sets at “Golem” Bar!
01. Cliff Martinez / They Broke His Pelvis
02. Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros / Dear Believer
03. Bebeto Castilho / Pra nao Chorar
04. Francis Bebey / New Track
05. Holy Other / Inpouring
06. Regina / Haluan Sinur (Kisses Remix)
07. oOoOO / Break Yr Heartt
08. Antwon & Ugly Mane / Underwater Tank
09. A$AP Rocky / Purple Kisses
10. Metronomy / The Look (King Krule Remix )
11. Sad Souls / Windows and Churches
12. Jefferson Airplane / Today
13. Ana Mazzotti / Bairro Negro
14. Laurel Halo / Something I never Had
15. Saint Christopher / Bibio
Shawn Perry created this book to help others make money selling their music. His insightful, step-by-step process holds the key to making money with an artist’s creative ideas. From setting up a homebase to the actual marketing, Shawn covers it all clearly. The chapters tell the whole story. Creating external distribution channels, create a mixtape, create a business model and, of course a chapter on getting paid. This how to make money guide is a must read for anyone who wants to make money with their own creativity.
“Classic” Lesson: Lesson #187 - Break-Up Songs
Music was always supposed to play a major role in STW; when I did a week of quadrant graphs, this one was meant to be the centerpiece. I tried to go with not only the attitude the song would put you in, but also the description of the break-up in the lyrics. I also tried being as diverse as possible with the genres, which is why some of the songs on this chart are songs I would never listen to.
And yes, the Bob Dylan song is titled wrong.
Any songs you would add?